I used to hope that some rich relative would remember me in their Will leaving me with much of their great wealth, but I have discovered that my RICH Elder Brother, Jesus, died and left me more than any earthly person could.
Before Jesus died He spoke His last Will and Testament. He said, “Father, I will that these You gave Me will be with Me where I am.” (John 17:24) The questions that come to mind first are, “Where did Jesus go?” and “Why do I want to be there?”
“There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.”
Ok, so Jesus went to His Father’s house, but why do I want to go there too? Well, these verses tell us that Jesus was going to go and “prepare” (build?) a place for us in His Father’s house,. So, I have looked throughout the Bible for a description of what this place is like, and the more I find, the more I want to be there! The most important reason is that Jesus Himself will be there! Jesus has proven to me that He loves me and wants me to be the happiest that I can be, so why wouldn’t I want to be there?
Another reason can be found in the verses above too. “There is more than enough room in my Father’s home.” I personally hate living in a cramped space, and so having “more than enough room” sounds really good. Right?
“But WAIT, there’s MORE!”
Here are just a few examples:
1. Life that never ends
2. Perpetual and progressive happiness, peace, and joy
3. We will live with God Himself.
4. We will have at least 2 homes (one city, one country).
5. Our first home will be in a HUGE golden city.
6. There will not be any pain, crying, sickness, or sadness anymore.
7. Everything will be made new.
8. We will be totally free to do whatever our hearts desire as long as it is based on love.
9. We will eat at the King’s table.
10. We will live in the King’s “house”.
11. The city’s gates will each be made of one solid pearl.
12. Besides eating at the King’s table, we will plant and eat our own foods.
13. Besides having a home Jesus made just for us, we will also get to design and build our own 2nd (our country) home.
14. Nothing will ever die there.
15. No matter how hard we try and dream up the beauty and functionality of this new place there is no way that we can even come close to the actual aesthetics and design of our new home.
But think of it, Jesus, our Creator wants us to live with Him! He has even called us His friends, His brothers and His sisters. We are not going to be just His slaves, doing whatever He wants us to do while we secretly want to be doing something else.
You and I want to be there, and Jesus can make it happen if we will just ask Him to help us believe and trust Him. Ask right now!
"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him."