The Bride of Antichrist
- Revelation 17 The Bible mentions a mysterious woman who is drunk with the blood of the saints. The name on her forehead is “Babylon the Great.” Babylon is also represented as a beast in the book of Revelation.
- Revelation 13–20 The Beast power is mentioned many times in the book of Revelation, making it of utmost importance that we correctly identify this power.
- Revelation 13:1–3 The Beast power is described here as a composite of other things.
- Revelation 13:11–15 Satan uses other powers along with the beast to counterfeit the kingdom of God on earth.
- Revelation 17:15 The “waters” represent peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.
TO UNDERSTAND THE OTHER PARTS, REFER TO THE BOOK OF DANIEL
- Daniel 7:2, 3 Four beasts come up.
- Daniel 7:17, 23 Beasts are kings and their kingdoms.
- Daniel 7:4 The first beast is likened to a lion, representing Babylon. (Compare to Dan. 2:39.)
- Daniel 7:5 The second is like a bear representing Medo-Persia. (Compare to Dan. 8:20.)
- Daniel 7:6 The third is like a leopard representing Greece. (Compare to Dan. 8:21.)
- Daniel 7:7 The fourth is a dreadful beast representing Rome. (Compare to Dan. 7:23.)
- Daniel 7:8 The ten horns are ten kings and their kingdoms that would arise out of Rome (vs. 24).
These ten kingdoms were the Alemani (Germany), Visigoths (Spain), Franks (France), Suevi (Portugal), Burgundians (Swiss), Anglo Saxon (English), Lombards (Italy), Heruli (destroyed in 493), Vandals (destroyed in 534), Ostrogoths (destroyed in 538). Daniel 7:8 Another little horn or kingdom comes up among the others.
ELEVEN MARKS TO IDENTIFY THE LITTLE HORN KINGDOM
- It comes up “among” them; that is, somewhere in Western Europe (vs. 8).
- It comes up “after” the other horns, which would be “after” A.D. 476 because the other ten kingdoms were not established until the final fall of Rome in 476 (vs. 24).
- It would be a “little horn” or a “little kingdom” (vs. 8).
- It uproots or destroys three kingdoms—Heruli, Vandals, Ostrogoths (vs. 8).
- It has human authority or intelligence at its head who directs it, rather than the Holy Spirit and the Word of God (vs. 8).
- It is “diverse,” or different, from the other four preceding kingdoms (vs. 24).
- It speaks great words or blasphemy (vs. 25; Rev. 13:5). The Bible definition of this is when: a. John 10:30–33—A man puts himself in God’s place. b. Mark 2:5–7—A man claims to forgive sins.
- It would “wear out” or “persecute” God’s people (vs. 21, 25).
- It would make an attempt at changing God’s law (vs. 25).
- It would rule for a time, times and dividing of times. Compare Rev. 12:14; Rev. 12:6: time=1 year; times=2 years, dividing of time=a half year. The total equals 1,260 prophetic days or 1,260 years (Num. 14:34; Ezek. 4:6).
- It would be a worldwide religious power (Rev. 13:3, 4, 8).
COMPARE THE LITTLE HORN OF DANIEL 7 WITH THE BEAST OF REVELATION 13
- Revelation 13:5 It rules the same 1,260-year period.
- Revelation 13:5 It also speaks blasphemous words against God.
- Revelation 13:7,8 It persecutes the saints and is worldwide.
- Revelation 13:1-3 It is made up of characteristics found in the four beasts of Daniel 7.
- Revelation 14:9,10 We must be careful not to worship this power either directly or indirectly through following similar teachings or doctrines.
- Daniel 7:25 The Antichrist power was prophesied as he who would “think” (try or attempt) to change God’s law.
- 2 Thess. 2:3, 4, 7 The spirit of this power of rebellion was already working in Paul’s day.
TWO SIDES BECOME EVIDENT
- Revelation 22:14 Will keep the commandments of God.
- Revelation 14:12; Isaiah 8:20 Will have the faith of Jesus.
- Hebrews 10:15, 16; Revelation 7:2, 3 Will be sealed by the Holy Spirit writing God’s law in their hearts.
THE BEAST’S SIDE:
- Matthew 15:8, 9; Mark 7:7–13 Will follow the commandments of men.
- Rev. 14:9, 10 Will compromise the true faith and worship the Beast.
- 2 Thess. 2:10–12 Will be deceived and damned because they did not love the truth.
- Rev. 13:16, 17 Will receive the Mark of the Beast because of their rebellion.
- Revelation 15:2 Those saved must be victorious over the Beast, his image, and his Mark.